WELCOME TO BE A BIGGER FISH
Exploring the power of in-house podcasting
I’m so happy that Be a Bigger Fish is back on the air. This season takes a close look at the world of in-house podcasting, or the use of audio content inside organisations or institutions.
Season 2 Episode 8 – A Promising Podcast and its Legacy of Lessons, with Jen Phelps
The star of this episode is accomplished internal communications leader, Jen Phelps.
Jen has a fascinating story to tell about a podcast that didn’t live up to its expectations. She describes candidly how a series that had lots of potential: it was well planned, generously funded and highly produced, failed to attract its target audience.
We compare this with other, more successful podcast experiences Jen has had, to tease out the lessons learned from this experience.
If you’re planning to create a podcast series, whether in-house or for a more general listenership, this episode will help you to avoid making some of the mistakes that can derail your efforts.
With huge thanks to Jen for her courage and candour in sharing this learning so generously.
- The Importance of Authenticity with Ali Herdman. S2 Ep9
- A promising podcast and its legacy of lessons with Jen Phelps. S2 Ep8
- Perfecting the Craft of Podcasting with Paul Gisby S2 Ep7
- Creating a Cultural Cornerstone with a Podcast with John Bonoff S2 Ep6
- How to Make a Podcast People Love with Zane Ewton S2 Ep5
- Changing the Conversation About Communication with Advita Patel S2 Ep4
- How to Create a Successful Private Podcast with JP Gooderham S2 Ep3
- Creating Engaging In-house Audio with Keith Lewis. S2 Ep2
- Best Practice for In-house Podcasts with Harriet Small. S2 Ep1
- 16 A Catalyst for a Community with Jen Wilson
- 15 The Potential of Podcasting for PR with Paul Sutton
- 14 Debating the Future of Internal Communications
- 13 What's the 'why' of your podcast?
- 12 Creating Audio for Your Audience with Rachel Miller
- 11 Finding Your Voice with Nadia Finer
- 10 Content That Starts Conversations with Rob Warlow
- 09 My Path to Podcasting
- 09 My Path to Podcasting
- 08 Podcasting for Introverts with Janice Chaka
- 07 Celebrating the Power of Connection with Chuck Gose
- 06 Become an Audio Influencer with Natalie Silverman
- 06 Becoming and Audio Influencer with Natalie Silverman
- 05 Confident Communication with Susan Heaton-Wright
- 04 Establishing Credibility with Teresa Heath-Wareing
- 03 Creative Inspiration with Kathy Stowell
- 02 Creating a Community with Jo Milmine
- 01 Building a Coaching Business with Jessica Fearnley
- Building a Coaching Business with Jessica Fearnley
- Welcome to Be a Bigger Fish